QB Joe Flacco – Torn ACL & MCL – Level of concern: Medium
Flacco was injured in Week 10 against the St. Louis Rams when backup tackle James Hurst collided with him. He should be ready to go at the start of training camp, about eight months after the initial injury.
More from Ravens News
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
Most players recover well from ACL injuries, but it usually takes time for them to adjust to the speed of the game. Thankfully sports medicine has advanced to the point where a torn ACL can be fully recovered from in about 6-9 months.
Flacco said that he should be full go for training camp and that he could be out there now if it were a playoff game.
The only concern I have for Flacco is that he may take a couple weeks or so to get used to getting hit and having bodies fly around him when he’s in the pocket. If he can get through these issues in the preseason or early in the regular season, then he should be the quarterback we all know and appreciate, especially with the array of weapons he has this season.
Next: The Starting Running Back