2. Joe Flacco And Kamar Aiken Have Chemistry
We know that Steve Smith Sr. and Dennis Pitta are the co-founders of the Joe Flacco Go To Guy Club. What we learned on Saturday night is that Flacco and Kamar Aiken are on the same page. I was left craving some deep shots to Mike Wallace, but it was Aiken who made some of the most impressive plays down the field. On one play Aiken got behind Ladarius Webb and burned by Shareece Wright. Flacco threw a beautiful pass right to Aiken.
More from Ravens News
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
The Ravens are without Smith Sr., Dennis Pitta, Crockett Gillmore and Breshad Perriman. If Aiken and Flacco were not on the same page, it would be more than frustrating. Aiken is once again the default leader in the receiver group. His play is incredibly important to the Ravens. The Ravens offense is missing a lot of pieces. Flacco and Aiken look sharp and smooth. If the offense can manage to get off to a strong start, I suspect this connection will have a lot to do with it.
Aiken could be an up and coming player. We have to remember he was never supposed to be the guy last season. When he was essentially the only player the Ravens had to turn to, he stepped up. Defenses were not oblivious to the fact that he was far and away their best weapon in the second half of the season. Now Aiken is stepping up again. If Aiken continues to grow, the Ravens tough times may have resulted in a blossoming young star.
Next: The Ravens Injury Situation Is Already Troubling