There are some big names in the 2017 free agent class and the Baltimore Ravens could use help on their roster
The 2016 season is essentially over for the Baltimore Ravens. After a 31-27 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, they are officially out of the playoff picture. They play the Bengals next week in a meaningless game.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
It is never too early to start looking at the 2017 season. The free agent draft class is an impressive one, with names such as Kirk Cousins, Le’Veon Bell and Eric Berry. There are viable options, but it is always uncertain what general manager Ozzie Newsome is going to do. The Ravens are not usually making big moves in the free agent market. With that being said, the front office is not afraid to make a splash. They brought in big names such as Eric Weddle and Mike Wallace last year.
The Ravens will have 12 unrestricted free agents after this season. It is unclear how many they will bring back, but it’s assumed it wont be all 12. 2016 was an improvement from the previous season, but the Ravens could use some help. They struggled at positions, most notably at the corner-back and wide receiver spot.
Going through the list of 2017 unrestricted free agents, here are my 5 top players that the Baltimore Ravens should target.