They’ve Been There Before
The hire of John Harbaugh as a head coach in 2008 changed the direction of the franchise.
In his 9 seasons with the Ravens, he has taken them to the playoffs 6 times and won a SuperBowl. Keep in mind, they were also a few inches way from being in the playoffs last season.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
The team’s production has dropped off in the last couple years, but make no mistake that they have experience. I think the experience of going to the playoffs and winning is a reason why the Ravens can be contenders. What is even better is that they know how to win on the road. In their 15 playoff games since 2008, 13 have been played on the road. 14 technically if you count the Super Bowl against the 49ers.
If you look at the 4 teams left in the playoffs, 3 out of the 4 have been to the Super Bowl in recent years. It is always great to start over with fresh young players, but the presence of veterans is important to a team like the Ravens.