2. Williams Will Help The Ravens Beat The Steelers:
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
In the Ravens first meeting with the Steelers in 2016, Le’Veon Bell rushed for 32 yards. That played a huge role in the Ravens winning the game. Bell is one of the best play-makers in the NFL and the Ravens have to play him twice per season. Because of Williams, running the football inside on the Ravens is an awfully hard thing to do.
To beat the Steelers, you have to slow down Bell. If Pittsburgh’s rushing attack is going strong, Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown will likely have their fun. To slow down Bell, the Ravens need Williams. It’s that simple. The Ravens loss to the Steelers on Christmas, eliminated them from playoff contention. These games are so crucially important. That increases his value to the Ravens.
Williams is a 6’1″ 335 pound immovable object. The Ravens know that he is an important member of their front seven. If the Ravens are going to win the AFC North, and defense is the way they plan to get it done, Williams is the man.