2. How will Joe Flacco respond to the addition of Lamar Jackson?
For the first time in his 10-year career, Joe Flacco is on the clock. The veteran quarterback hasn’t had real competition under center since being drafted in 2008. That completely changes with the addition of Lamar Jackson. The most exciting and shocking move of the Ravens’ draft brings a whole new dynamic to the quarterback position. How will Flacco respond?
More from Ebony Bird
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
- NFL Draft Profile: Anthony Richardson is the perfect pivot for Baltimore Ravens
- New Caesars Sportsbook Promo Code for Ravens Fans
Flacco declined to any interviews at the team’s Draft Fest on Saturday, which caught plenty of headlines. Take it as you will but there’s no doubt Flacco is still the starting quarterback of this team. That was made clear by head coach John Harbaugh and offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg even after drafting Jackson.
The writing is on the wall. Flacco and every other member of the organization understand that. His lucrative contract becomes realistically expendable next season if the Ravens choose to go that route. Jackson is the future but I’d have to think Flacco is a little ticked off knowing another player is coming for his job.
Instead of making this into a drama-filled storyline, I hope Flacco uses this as motivation to have one of his best seasons. He’s thrived when surrounded by weapons and the Ravens have added plenty to his arsenal this offseason.
The last time that happened? It ended with a Lombardi Trophy back in Baltimore.