Baltimore Ravens: 5 questions for Offensive Line
4. Will Ronnie Stanley make the Pro Bowl?
In the past few weeks, there has been a lot of Ronnie Stanley praise on Ebony Bird. First, I showed you why he was the most underrated Ravens player. Secondly, I went on a rant about his Madden 19 rating. Now, I’m back again to remind you that Stanley is very good. The answer to the question however is twofold.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
The first part of the question is the logistics. Stanley doesn’t seem to be on the radar, in terms of the national spotlight. He isn’t talked about as one of the elite offensive linemen. With the Pro Bowl, which is voted on by the fans, name value is everything for an offensive lineman. Marshal Yanda has that type of name value. Yanda could go out and fall on his face and he’d still get in the Pro Bowl; though that would never happen because Yanda will always be an impeccable football player. The point is, that people don’t know offensive linemen, so they vote in names they know.
The second part of the question is about merit. It’s not exactly a secret that I admire the way Stanley plays his position. Stanley is a top 5 offensive tackle in the AFC for sure, maybe even the entire league. He doesn’t look like a bruiser, and he doesn’t have a mean streak. That being said, he plays hard and he plays with good technique. I have no doubt that Stanley will be a Pro Bowl caliber player this year. I do have doubt that he gets rewarded for it.