2. They will finish better:
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
It’s no secret that the Ravens defense has had a knack for giving up leads at the last second. The Baltimore defense will finish better in 2018, because they have to. Pees was the biggest reason the Ravens didn’t finish well. A three-man rush, a nice clean pocket and zone coverage, those were the classic warning signs of a lead about to vanish. The Ravens died the slow death, which only bled the clock and gave the offense no chance of a rebuttal.
The Ravens are going to be a more aggressive defense in the final moments, because Martindale was here last year. He saw what Pees did and he had to be frustrated with it, whether he admits it or not. Pees changed the way he called the game and the result changed negatively. Martindale isn’t going to do that, it just doesn’t fit with the personality he presents. That in itself will help the Ravens in the waning moments of games.
It also seems that this will be a huge point of emphasis for the team. The Ravens are tired of losing the same painful and excruciating way. The players on the field, are going to be determined to change the pattern. They’re going to write a new script for those nervous moments and the outcome is going to be much less stressing on the heart.