Baltimore Ravens: 3 keys to returning to the postseason
2. Win away from home
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
Of course this is much easier said than done. Winning a game against the crowd, in a hostile environment is one of the hardest things to do in the NFL. Since their last playoff appearance in 2014 the Ravens have won only five road games. That number has to improve if the Ravens want to play past the regular season.
Specifically the Ravens need to win away in their own division. More than likely, the division crown will again come down to the Ravens and Steelers. Away from the Bank the Ravens struggle to come away with a victory against divisional opponents. Over the last three seasons the Ravens have gone 6-6 against divisional opponents on the road. This must improve.
With a weak conference this season in the AFC, the Ravens should have no problem securing at least a wildcard spot, but if they want to finally dethrone the Steelers and reclaim the AFC North division title they will have to win their road games, not only out of division, but also those all so important divisional match ups as well.