3. Joe Flacco is of to a fast start
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
Joe Flacco you may take a bow. After an offseason of talk about Flacco’s fate now that the Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson, he put up a 121.7 passer rating in the opener. Flacco completed over 70 percent of his passes and scored three touchdowns. Flacco may have just had his best season opener in his Ravens tenure.
Flacco didn’t let the rain bother him, in fact he looked sharper than he has in years. Flacco delivered bullet passes when he had to, and he showed perfect touch and accuracy. This was not a performance that Baltimore is used to seeing from Flacco. In the past two seasons he’s had good games, but he has rarely shredded an opponent like this. He only had 236 yards, but the Ravens let him take most of the second half off.
Flacco looked phenomenal. His footwork was on point. His throws were on target and his pocket presence was better than it was last year. This makes you think there is a real difference in Joe when he is fully healthy. Flacco was hurt in 2015. In 2016, he was coming back from a brutal leg injury. In 2017 he was dealing with back issues. If Flacco feels good all season long, the Ravens are getting this kind of performance more often.