Baltimore Ravens vs. Bengals: 3 predictions for Thursday Night Football
2. Flacco puts the Ravens in the win column
The Ravens running game is in for a tough test. The Bengals defensive line is fierce. Their linebackers are athletic and the Ravens running game has a lot to prove. Alex Collins is coming off a game where he averaged 1.9 yards per carry and Kenneth Dixon is on injured reserve. The Ravens are going to have to lean on Joe Flacco to win this game. That is what the match up dictates.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
Flacco is coming off the sharpest season opener of his career. He looks like a brand new quarterback this season, albeit it has only been one game. Flacco will continue to shine in this game against the Bengals. He has weapons now. Flacco has always been a quarterback that could win football games, but he hasn’t always had a winning formula. The offense looked completely different in the season opener. The Ravens came into the season with some things figured out and it will help them
Flacco is coming off a great performance in horrible weather to throw the football in. While he has struggled against the Bengals, he hasn’t had a situation as good as this in his entire career. John Brown, Michael Crabtree and Willie Snead have made Flacco a viable quarterback. Marty Mornhinweg just called one of his best games as an offensive coordinator, so it shows you what a difference talented pass catchers make. Flacco has the tools to beat the Bengals and he will.