Baltimore Ravens: 5 Players to Move On From in 2019
Jimmy Smith, CB (2019 Age: 31)
Jimmy has been flashy at times but always seems to find a way to disappoint fans. In his 8 seasons with the Ravens, Jimmy has only had two full seasons, ending 2014, 2016, and 2017 on injured reserve and he began this year with a 4 game suspension for domestic abuse.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
There could be an argument to keep him around farther into his 30’s if he had more than one season of dominant play. He’s inconsistent game to game and always manages to inspire false hope in the fans and organization. Jimmy looked like an all-star last season, but now he looks out of football shape and is 13th in catches allowed. Not only that, Jimmy has given up two touchdowns and allows a 113.6 quarterback rating.
The Ravens will save 9.5 million dollars by releasing him this offseason and they would be foolish not to. Jimmy just simply isn’t worth 9.5 million. The Ravens also have the advantage of a strong defensive draft coming up. They could potentially pick Greedy Williams, from LSU, Byron Murphy, from Washington, or maybe even Deandre Baker, from Georgia. The Ravens get younger, a big bump in their cap space, and a great first step into the future by replacing Jimmy Smith.