1. The Ravens could sign Justin Houston
Justin Houston and the Ravens seem like they’re meant to be at this point. Baltimore has been connected to the veteran edge rusher for months now, yet no deal has gotten done as of right now.
However, we’re now a few weeks removed from the draft, and there has still been no indication that a signing will get done.
Houston has spent the last two seasons in Indianapolis proving that, even past the age of 30, he’s still got it.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
The longtime Kansas City Chiefs edge rusher has logged 19 sacks over the last two years serving as the Colts’ best pass rusher. And perhaps even more importantly, he’s remained incredibly durable.
Vernon is coming off a torn Achilles. Ingram missed more than half of last season with a knee injury.
Houston? He hasn’t missed a game in two years.
Rumors continue to swirl that the Ravens will look to add Houston and continue the reshaping of their pass rush rotation. And if signed, he’d easily become the team’s best player at the position.
Not only would he be a much-needed addition to the defense, but he could help mentor players like Oweh and Hayes who could learn a thing or two from the four-time Pro Bowler.
If the Ravens are going to sign any free agent, Justin Houston makes the most sense.