#6: Marlon Brown
Jul 30, 2015; Owings Mills, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Marlon Brown (14) makes a catch during day one of training camp at Under Armour Performance Center. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
Two seasons ago, Brown exploded into the league as an UDFA, catching 49 passes and 7 touchdowns. He was one of the lone bright spots on a struggling Ravens offense. Heading into last season, Brown looked to be headed towards an even bigger role.
Instead, he took a major step back, catching only 24 passes and 0 touchdowns. Since last season ended, Brown has only continued to disappoint. He has been almost invisible in training camp, and he has not done anything special in the preseason.
While Brown will most likely still get a roster spot, he has done nothing to prove that he deserves the role that he earned in his rookie year. If he continues to be a nonfactor, this list may no longer include him.
For now, he looks to have the edge on the rest of the bubble players, but that could change very easily. With younger guys like Jeremy Butler playing well enough to be considered for a roster spot, the once-promising Brown no longer has any job security.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?