1. Rashod Bateman, WR, Baltimore Ravens
Rashod Bateman was the star of rookie minicamp last month, so it’s no surprise to hear that he’s garnering rave reviews once again in OTAs.
Although it hasn’t necessarily been smooth sailing for the rookie first-round pick.
Bateman left practice early on the second day of OTAs with what was described as muscle soreness. Of course, many feared the worst given the injuries woes the Ravens have experienced at the wide receiver position in the past.
Fortunately, Bateman returned with a vengeance and picked up right where he left off.
More from Ebony Bird
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
His explosiveness is evident as are his savvy route-running skills. As head coach John Harbaugh said during minicamp, he’s been “as advertised.”
The tape hasn’t lied about Bateman who has lived up to the hype through his first month with the team. There’s still a lot of time left before he officially makes his NFL debut, but the early signs are very encouraging.
That’s important too, especially considering that Bateman will be asked to step into a starting role in his rookie season.
Bateman will join free-agent signing Sammy Watkins and fellow rookie Tylan Wallace in what will be a revamped wide receiver corps for Baltimore.
Of the three, Bateman will likely have the largest impact.
No player has impressed more over the past month — both in rookie minicamp and OTAs — than Rashod Bateman.