Ravens Clear Cap Space: 5 Free Agents They Could Sign
According to reports by Aaron Wilson and Jeff Zrebiec, the Ravens have cleared about $4.5 million dollars in cap space by converting much of Jimmy Smith’s base salary to a bonus. This means that the Ravens are now $10 million dollars under the salary cap. Before they had a small slither of breathing room to operate in. Now the Ravens have an opportunity to go out and make a free agent signing or two.
More from Ravens News
- Will Baltimore Ravens be rewarded for risky Lamar Jackson decision?
- The Baltimore Ravens Big Gamble
- Ravens Super Bowl odds present fascinating insight on Lamar Jackson’s future
- Should Baltimore Ravens be interested in this recently released WR
- Do the Baltimore Ravens have serious interest in this free agent wide out?
The Ravens are obviously planning something. This is a team that always spends to the cap. Ozzie Newsome and Eric DeCosta obviously have something in the works. Otherwise the Ravens wouldn’t be so aggressive in clearing cap space. You have to give the pair of decision makers credit. From the Flacco extension to the latest move with Smith, the Ravens are demonstrating a keen sense of this business.
The Ravens are obviously planning something. Who could they be signing? That is the question that we’re going to explore here. In no particular order, here are five players that should be on the Ravens radar.
Next: 5. Mike Wallace